Here at Flying Food Group (FFG) we produce exceptional food destined for customers in the airline catering, grocery, food service and specialty markets. Our customers include over 70 premier airlines—primarily international carriers—and leading food retailers. Flying Food Group produces over 300,000 meals and snacks daily for retail and airline customers. Its network of 18 US kitchens stretches from Honolulu to New York City, which assures freshly made retail products with maximum shelf life and minimal distribution costs. Airline catering kitchens are located close to terminals of major US airports. FFG also maintains a busy kitchen in China. Our company has approximately 4000 employees worldwide.
FFG has implemented a Preferred Employer Plan, which has been designed to provide our employees with careers, not just employment. The Company recruits, trains and develops management and other specialized employees as part of an integral career development plan designed to attract and retain highly qualified personnel.
Title: Assistant General Manager
Location: 50 Adrian Ct, Burlingame, CA 941010
Work Hours: M – F 5:00 to 2:00 pm
· Ensure customer specifications and procedures are strictly followed
· Follow HACCP Program guidelines which consists of sanitation, safety and USDA requirements
· Ensures compliance with all Good Manufacturing Processes, managing quality assurance results to corporate policies and goals and government requirements.
· Accountable for financial results, profitability, budgeting and financial projections.
· Implement new accounts with required volume levels based upon approved profit levels while managing the approved timelines and start up costs.
· Ensure safety programs are effectively implemented, become part of company culture and supported by all employees
· Manage and resolve production issues in a timely manner
· National food sourcing (all commodities) & negotiating product with manufacturers/vendors to obtain the lowest possible prices
· Manage all food production areas for Fresh Meal Solutions (FMS)
· Hire key employees, provide training and set performance objectives
· Manage product costs to maintain cost control and reduce waste
· Establish and maintain controls to achieve quality standards
· Project and manage labor costs by controlling overtime and staffing levels
· Manage employee relations issues to ensure effective resolution
· Leadership skills and clear communication skills
· Manufacturing Experience and/or lite assembly line production
· Financial management responsibility – P & L
· Financial Budgeting experience
· LEAN, process improvement, Kaizen
· Good Employee Relations Skills
· Food production / manufacturing experience
· Ability to speak Chinese or Spanish
· Computer literate – MS Word and Excel
· Well versed in production Metrics (measure and manage)